As I’ve mentioned before, I’m about to graduate from the University of Maryland. UMD has been good to me, so I wanted to give a little something back. Note the emphasis on little. I love UMD, but I my love has been guarded ever since the P.I.C.’s (People In Charge) tried to sabotage my study habite by turning my favorite quiet study spot/home-during-finals in the library into a graduate student lounge.
And so to honor my soon to be alma mater, here’s a super awesome blog questionnaire/challenge/hop/etc. After you post your answers on your blog, add your blog to the Hop by clicking on teh link to enter your url and get the code to place the blog hop link on your own site!The you’ll be on the list of Awesome Terps Who Did This Questionnaire so any future visitors can find you and read your posts/stalk you. P.S. You don’t have to be a Terp to answer this. You’ll just have to get creative.
1. Where are you right now? (You can answer literally, or you can stop giving boring answers to every question you’re asked, and think outside the box.)
I’m in a swirling vortex of final papers, final exam preparation, longings for gourmet food stuffs, irritation at the sound fluorescent lights make, and the urge to accumulate a large collection of cats as long as I’m single.
2. What keeps you blogging? Your pride? Your mom? Wanting someone other than your cat to tell you that you’re awesome?
Pride? I have no pride. Humility is my middle name, or it would be if I could have picked my own middle name. Interestingly enough, my life goal the past few months has been is for someone to discuss fortune so that I can say “Fortune! Fortune is my middle name!” Honest to goodness that is my middle name. I’m related to this guy.
3. What blogs or bloggers do you look to for inspiration, ideas, or just to get the blog side of your brain turned on?
Army of Awesome People (named by Google as one of the sites on the internet) is a site I read to get in a light, but intelligent mood. They are really funny, but in a smart way (as opposed to memes and the oh so obnoxious 9gag).
I recently discovered Notes From A She Hermit which is eccentric, funny, and totally unapologetic.
My Life: The Project is one of those sites that gets me thinking and discussing important life issues. I also just love that Amber blogs because she refuses “to be the person that watches American Idol just to have something to talk about at work tomorrow.”
And Dakota Logan is just so cool and artsy and introspective. I feel so elegant when I read her posts.
4. What is your most Terp-like quality? Is you’re not a Terp, well, I’m sorry, but you should be. Go out and get Terpy. Then report back with your newly acquired Terp quality.
My diverse interests. I like to dabble in everything, and learn about every field of study. Of course there are some interests that I focus more on, but I love going outside my cultural comfort zone to gain knowledge.
5. If you could pick any celebrity or politician to give your blog a shout out via Twitter, who would it be?
Rainn Wilson (aka Dwight Schrute ) because he’s really funny, but also has a serious, contemplative side (aka Soul Pancake). He uses his comedic celebrity to encourage people to “chew on life’s big questions,” an activity I highly support.
6. Congrats. Wallace Loh stumbled upon your blog and wants to host an all-night party to celebrate your genius. You get to pick the campus building and the two professors who will be in charge of DJ-ing and food/drinks. Go:
Not gonna lie. I would be more excited if Fake Wallace Loh wanted to honor my genius. Still….Anyways, of course this shindig would go down in the English building: Tawes. That way, when they see what’s going on, the hipsters who stand outside smoking will like me instead of just giving me dirty looks (sorry if you’re reading this, stair smokers, know that I have only the utmost respect for your awesome, eccentric style and ‘really care abotu this but could care less if needed’ attitude.)
Of course, Dr. Barry Pearson would be in charge of music. Maybe he would reunite with his college days blues band to perform. At the very least, he would know how to pick records that won’t let you stand still.
7. And finally, a serious question. What have you learned from blogging? Did you learn about writing? Did you learn about people? Did you learn how easy it is to get distracted on the internet? (But jk on the last one; you already knew that, of course.)
I’ve learned that I can finish things by creating in a way that doesn’t require finishing! I’ve never been able to write anything because I always get most of the way and give up when I can’t think of an ending. Blogging is great because you can write smaller amounts, it’s less final, and you can always follow things up with a second post.
Blog Hop Instructions:
- Copy/paste the questions and respond to them on your blog.
- Publish your blog post and copy the URL.
- Come back to this page, click the button below, and enter your blog name and your post’s URL.
- Then click the link that says “get the InLinkz code” and copy/paste the appropriate code in the HTML of your blog. Enter the code at the very end of your post so it appears at the bottom.
- The list will update on everyone’s blog automatically once you sign up!